- Get NoScript for Firefox NoScript for Firefox (desktop and mobile!), Tor Browser and other Mozilla-based browsers from Mozilla Add-ons
- Get NoScript for Chromium NoScript for Chrome and other Chromium-based browsers (eg. Edge, Brave, Vivaldi...) from the Chrome Web Store
Direct download for Firefox
You can get the latest stable version for Firefox desktop only also using this direct NoScript 11.4.28 download link. To install, just drag and drop it onto your address bar.
v 11.4.28 ============================================================ x Prevent URL leaks from media placeholders (thanks NDevTK for report) x [nscl] Support for in-tree TLDs updates
NoScript development happens very fast to keep up with emerging web threats. If you're brave enough and you need a specific feature or fix not released yet, or you simply want to provide feedback before official release, you may want to try the latest release candidate.
RC for Firefox
Install NoScript 11.4.29rc3 on Firefox Desktop by simply clicking here.
On Firefox for Android, unfortunately, a pre-release can only be downloaded (same link as above) and temporarily installed on Nightly by using the web-ext tool, which is only suitable for hardcore developers and contributors.
RC for Chromium
You can Download NoScript 11.4.29rc3 for Chromium-based browsers here.
In order to install this pre-release until the next stable version reaches the Chrome Store, you need to unzip it and load it as an unpacked extension in developer mode.
Please follow these steps:
- Open the Extension Management page by navigating to chrome://extensions. Alternatively, open this page by clicking on the Extensions menu button and selecting Manage Extensions at the bottom of the menu. Alternatively, open this page by clicking on the Chrome menu, hovering over More Tools then selecting Extensions
- Enable Developer Mode by clicking the toggle switch next to Developer mode.
- Unzip the zipped "noscript-11.4.29rc3-chrome.zip" package to a directory of your choice.
- Click the [Load unpacked] button and select the extension directory you've unzipped the extension to (the one containing the "manifest.json" file)
You're done. Happy testing!
Recent development history
v 11.4.29rc3 ============================================================ x Fix beta channel updates breakage due to browser_specific_settings override v 11.4.29rc2 ============================================================ x [L10n] Updated fi, pt_BR x [nscl] Several content-side performance improvements x Reduce synchronous policy retrieval impact on file: and ftp: document loading performance x More commands for which a keyboard shortcut can be configured v 11.4.29rc1 ============================================================ x [nscl] Updated TLDs x [L10n] Updated de, mk, nl, pl, ru, sq, tr, uk, zh_CN, zh_TW x Explicit Android compatibility declaration v 11.4.28rc2 ============================================================ x Remove replaceAsync() dependency on String.prototype.matchAll() v 11.4.28rc1 ============================================================ x Prevent URL leaks from media placeholders (thanks NDevTK for report) x [nscl] Support for in-tree TLDs updates
Deprecated, obsolete and unsupported "Classic" versions
You can still download NoScript "Classic" (5.1.9) (SHA256) for Seamonkey, Palemoon, Waterfox Classic and possibly other "vintage" (pre-Gecko 57) Firefox forks here.
Notice: you may need to open about:config and set your xpinstall.signatures.required preference to false in order to install NoScript 5.x, since Mozilla doesn't support signatures for legacy add-ons anymore. If you're using a non ESR Firefox, you may also need this hack.
Users of Firefox 58 and below are urged to upgrade their very unsafe browser. For those few who can't,
- latest NoScript version compatible with Gecko 57 - Gecko 58 is 10.1.7.3;
- latest NoScript version compatible with Gecko 46 - Gecko 56 is 5.1.9 (SHA256);
- latest NoScript version compatible with Gecko 13 - Gecko 45 is 22.214.171.124 (SHA256);
- latest NoScript version compatible with Gecko 1.9 - Gecko 12 is 126.96.36.199rc1 (SHA256);
- latest NoScript version compatible with Gecko < 1.9 is 1.10 (SHA256).
We cannot update nor support NoScript 5.x and below anymore, because it was based on a completely different and now obsolete technology. However you can still find usage information and a FAQ section for those ancient versions in the NoScript Classic archived website.