- Get NoScript for Firefox NoScript for Firefox (desktop and mobile!), Tor Browser and other Mozilla-based browsers from Mozilla Add-ons
- Get NoScript for Chromium NoScript for Chrome and other Chromium-based browsers (eg. Edge, Brave, Vivaldi...) from the Chrome Web Store
Direct download for Firefox
You can get the latest stable version for Firefox desktop only also using this direct NoScript 11.4.14 download link. To install, just drag and drop it onto your address bar.
v 11.4.14 ============================================================ x Updated HTML event attributes list x Uniformed indexed directory Firefox UI emulation to prevent a script blocking bypass on file:// resources (thanks RyotaK for reporting) x Fixed error being logged in the console on scriptless pages when hitting [Delete] or [Backspace] (thanks barbaz for reporting) x Work-around for background page misteriously being unloaded sometimes by Firefox x [L10n] Updated Transifex configuration
NoScript development happens very fast to keep up with emerging web threats. If you're brave enough and you need a specific feature or fix not released yet, or you simply want to provide feedback before official release, you may want to try the latest release candidate.
RC for Firefox
Install NoScript 11.4.15rc2 on Firefox Desktop by simply clicking here.
On Firefox for Android, unfortunately, a pre-release can only be downloaded (same link as above) and temporarily installed on Nightly by using the web-ext tool, which is only suitable for hardcore developers and contributors.
RC for Chromium
You can Download NoScript 11.4.15rc2 for Chromium-based browsers here.
In order to install this pre-release until the next stable version reaches the Chrome Store, you need to unzip it and load it as an unpacked extension in developer mode.
Please follow these steps:
- Open the Extension Management page by navigating to chrome://extensions. Alternatively, open this page by clicking on the Extensions menu button and selecting Manage Extensions at the bottom of the menu. Alternatively, open this page by clicking on the Chrome menu, hovering over More Tools then selecting Extensions
- Enable Developer Mode by clicking the toggle switch next to Developer mode.
- Unzip the zipped "noscript-11.4.15rc2-chrome.zip" package to a directory of your choice.
- Click the [Load unpacked] button and select the extension directory you've unzipped the extension to (the one containing the "manifest.json" file)
You're done. Happy testing!
Recent development history
v 11.4.15rc2 ============================================================ x Use the actual browser's brand name for Tor Browser derivatives v 11.4.15rc1 ============================================================ x Always open the windowed standalone UI when invoked from the contextual menu (thanks ZeroUnderscoreOu for reporting)
Deprecated, obsolete and unsupported "Classic" versions
You can still download NoScript "Classic" (5.1.9) (SHA256) for Seamonkey, Palemoon, Waterfox Classic and possibly other "vintage" (pre-Gecko 57) Firefox forks here.
Notice: you may need to open about:config and set your xpinstall.signatures.required preference to false in order to install NoScript 5.x, since Mozilla doesn't support signatures for legacy add-ons anymore. If you're using a non ESR Firefox, you may also need this hack.
Users of Firefox 58 and below are urged to upgrade their very unsafe browser. For those few who can't,
- latest NoScript version compatible with Gecko 57 - Gecko 58 is 10.1.7.3;
- latest NoScript version compatible with Gecko 46 - Gecko 56 is 5.1.9 (SHA256);
- latest NoScript version compatible with Gecko 13 - Gecko 45 is 126.96.36.199 (SHA256);
- latest NoScript version compatible with Gecko 1.9 - Gecko 12 is 188.8.131.52rc1 (SHA256);
- latest NoScript version compatible with Gecko < 1.9 is 1.10 (SHA256).
We cannot update nor support NoScript 5.x and below anymore, because it was based on a completely different and now obsolete technology. However you can still find usage information and a FAQ section for those ancient versions in the NoScript Classic archived website.